Zapier is an online tool that empowers you to automate your work by connecting your favorite apps. It’s easy to set up with no coding required.
In Zapier, a “Zap” is an automated workflow that tells your apps to follow this simple command: "When this happens, do that."
Every Zap has a trigger and one or more actions. A trigger is an event that starts a Zap, and an action is what your Zap does for you. You can learn more by checking out The Zapier quick-start guide.
With RentCheck’s Zapier integration, you can set up “Actions” to automatically add units, add residents, and schedule inspections in RentCheck based on “Triggers’ from other commonly used apps such as Google Sheets, LeadSimple, Hubspot, Salesforce, Google Calendar, and many more.
The process is simple
1. Set up and login to your Zapier account. To get started automating a workflow, first search for available apps from the Zapier Dashboard. It looks like this:
For example, you may want to add a unit in RentCheck every time a specific task is completed in LeadSimple or a new row added to a Google spreadsheet.
2. Once you've selected the apps you would like to connect you're on your way to setting up a Zap. Zapier will walk you through what's required step-by-step.
3. After configuring the trigger for your Zap (e.g. a specific task completed in LeadSimple), you can set up your action by selecting from three available RentCheck events: Create Inspection, Create Property, and Create Resident.
4. As part of the action setup process, Zapier will walk you through any information required and you will be able to specify how you would like to the data to map from your originating trigger app.
For example, when creating a property (unit) in RentCheck the following information is required: Address, City, State, Postal Code, Property Type, Number of Bedrooms, and Number of Bathrooms.
Here is a preview of what this looks like in Zapier. For every field, you select the corresponding field in your originating trigger app.
5. Throughout the setup process, Zapier makes it easy to test that everything is working as expected. Once you have the greenlight from Zapier, push your Zap live. Then sit back and relax knowing you've saved you and your team precious time that can now be spent on more productive activities to grow your business.
Interested in learning more? We'd be happy to help you get up and running with Zapier automation. Simple click on the chat box to let us know and for next steps to get started.