Zapier is an online tool that empowers you to automate your work by connecting your favorite apps. It’s easy to set up with no coding required.
With Zapier you can connect LeadSimple to RentCheck to automate your inspection process. Use this guide to learn more.
In Zapier, a “Zap” is an automated workflow that tells your apps to follow this simple command: "When this happens, do that."
Every Zap has a trigger and one or more actions. A trigger is an event that starts a Zap, and an action is what your Zap does for you. You can learn more by checking out The Zapier quick-start guide.
With RentCheck’s Zapier integration, you can set up “Actions” to automatically add units, add residents, and schedule inspections in RentCheck based on “Triggers’ from LeadSimple.
The process is simple
1. Set up and login to your Zapier account. To get started automating a workflow, first search for available apps from the Zapier Dashboard. It looks like this:
For example, you may want to add a unit and/or schedule an inspection in RentCheck every time a specific task is completed in LeadSimple.
2. We've set up a few Zap templates to help make the setup as easy as possible. Once you've chosen to connect RentCheck with LeadSimple, you will see Popular RentCheck + LeadSimple workflows as shown here:
3. Select the Try it button to get started using one of them. Zapier will walk you through what's required step-by-step.
Create properties, residents, and move-in inspection in RentCheck when new LeadSimple tasks are completed
Just added a unit to your portfolio in LeadSimple? Get off to a great start after onboarding a new property with this Zapier template. It will add a property and resident, as well as schedule a resident-led move-in inspection in RentCheck, all in one go, once a new LeadSimple property onboarding process task is completed.
For this Zap, you will set your LeadSimple task completion trigger to proceed only if the task description contains specific text you've defined that identifies it as a property onboarding process task.
4. From there, simply follow the steps and map the required fields from LeadSimple to RentCheck.
For example, creating a property (unit) in RentCheck requires the following information: Address, City, State, Postal Code, Property Type, Number of Bedrooms, and Number of Bathrooms.
For every field, you select the corresponding field in your originating trigger app. Here is a preview of what it looks like in Zapier:
5. Throughout the setup process, Zapier makes it easy to test that everything is working as expected. Once you have the greenlight from Zapier, push your Zap live.
Schedule RentCheck inspections when new LeadSimple tasks complete
Use this template to schedule a RentCheck inspection when a LeadSimple task completes. For this Zap, you will also set your LeadSimple task completion trigger to proceed only if the task description contains specific text you've defined that identifies it as specific workflow task. You can use this Zap to schedule move-in, move-out, turn, annual, and periodic inspections.
For example, you may want to schedule an annual inspection when a specific task is completed as part of your LeadSimple lease renewal process. Or you may want to schedule a turn inspection when a specific task is completed as part of your LeadSimple make ready process.
Again, simply follow the steps and map the required fields from LeadSimple to RentCheck to schedule the RentCheck inspection.
Need help? We'd be happy to assist you in getting up and running with Zapier LeadSimple-RentCheck automation. Simple click on the chat box to let us know. As always, we're here to help!